It's the last (aka. final, no more, no turning back, it's over...) day of 2008. It has been a wonderful year because husband and I were given the greatest gift, our son. He is perfect, even when he does pitch a fit, which he has just finished right now. I mean, he is 6 months old and at some point we are going to have to make him cry it out. We've tried only like twice in the past and we give up after just a few minutes. All the poor thing wants is his pacifier. Well, he's six months now and he's going to have to get it together enough to take a nap without the paci or at least figure out how to put it back in his mouth. So, back to today...he fussed about 10 minutes on his new and *ADORABLE* monkey rug and husband caved and gave him his paci. Son went to sleep almost immediately, so husband took him to the pack 'n play to nap. Almost as soon as husband was out of the room, son was crying and kicking the changing table like no tomorrow. Husband and I set a time limit for son to cry and then we would get him. Well, strong husband (I'm so proud of him!) said, "Nope, he's got to learn. We'll let him cry it out." And WE DID IT! It was hard, but slowly the kicks faded and the crying slowed. Husband tiptoed to check on him and this is what he found...Hey, whatever works!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Back in business!
I am feeling up for the challenge to keep up with blogging in 2009. There are so many exciting things that happen in our home each day and I want to share them with everyone! We have 6 months to catch up on, which is WAY too much, so I'll just start from today.
It's the last (aka. final, no more, no turning back, it's over...) day of 2008. It has been a wonderful year because husband and I were given the greatest gift, our son. He is perfect, even when he does pitch a fit, which he has just finished right now. I mean, he is 6 months old and at some point we are going to have to make him cry it out. We've tried only like twice in the past and we give up after just a few minutes. All the poor thing wants is his pacifier. Well, he's six months now and he's going to have to get it together enough to take a nap without the paci or at least figure out how to put it back in his mouth. So, back to today...he fussed about 10 minutes on his new and *ADORABLE* monkey rug and husband caved and gave him his paci. Son went to sleep almost immediately, so husband took him to the pack 'n play to nap. Almost as soon as husband was out of the room, son was crying and kicking the changing table like no tomorrow. Husband and I set a time limit for son to cry and then we would get him. Well, strong husband (I'm so proud of him!) said, "Nope, he's got to learn. We'll let him cry it out." And WE DID IT! It was hard, but slowly the kicks faded and the crying slowed. Husband tiptoed to check on him and this is what he found...Hey, whatever works!
It's the last (aka. final, no more, no turning back, it's over...) day of 2008. It has been a wonderful year because husband and I were given the greatest gift, our son. He is perfect, even when he does pitch a fit, which he has just finished right now. I mean, he is 6 months old and at some point we are going to have to make him cry it out. We've tried only like twice in the past and we give up after just a few minutes. All the poor thing wants is his pacifier. Well, he's six months now and he's going to have to get it together enough to take a nap without the paci or at least figure out how to put it back in his mouth. So, back to today...he fussed about 10 minutes on his new and *ADORABLE* monkey rug and husband caved and gave him his paci. Son went to sleep almost immediately, so husband took him to the pack 'n play to nap. Almost as soon as husband was out of the room, son was crying and kicking the changing table like no tomorrow. Husband and I set a time limit for son to cry and then we would get him. Well, strong husband (I'm so proud of him!) said, "Nope, he's got to learn. We'll let him cry it out." And WE DID IT! It was hard, but slowly the kicks faded and the crying slowed. Husband tiptoed to check on him and this is what he found...Hey, whatever works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment