Yep, you heard it right - Will (and his mom and dad) is living through his first stomach bug. We are assuming that is what it is. Let's see...3 big throw-ups, 1 major blowout, and a Pedialyte only diet...I'm thinking (hoping) it's only a stomach bug.
You know, just when I thought he was doing so well and getting over his ear infection and bronchiolitis, the big one hits!
It all started last night after Will over indulged on "Stage 2 Banana Orange Medley". Afterwards, he played and took a bath. While I was putting on his pajamas, all of the orange sherbet-colored medley came right on back up and ended up on Will, his changing pad, and me. Immediately, the gagging begins for me. I CANNOT and WILL NOT ever handle throw up. I just can't do it. It is disgusting and I do not have the stomach for it. So, superhero Bill enters (somewhat unwillingly because according to him, he will gag too) and begins the clean up while I take Will back to the bathtub for bath #2 of the night. My initial thoughts were that Will had either over indulged on the scrumptious medley (Michelle-we have an extra container if you'd like it) or that he was allergic to oranges since it was his first experience with them.
Will went to bed without trouble and I prayed to God to take care of him. I prayed that he would keep him safe and heal him. All I can say is PRAISE GOD, HE is almighty and perfect. I had thoughts that Will might get sick during the night and choke on it, and I prayed and prayed for him to be safe. When Bill got Will up this morning, he did find lots of throw up in the bed, but WILL WAS SAFE. God is so good! He hears our prayers. So, Will did get sick during the night and it wasn't a pretty sight, but God protected him through it.
Now I started learning more towards thinking that Will was allergic to the oranges in the medley. So, we sent him on to daycare with the specific instructions that if he even appeared to spit-up to call Bill. That was at 7 a.m. By 8:15 a.m., daycare had called Bill and told him that Will had a MASSIVE blowout. So much so that Will's clothes had to be changed AND his daycare teacher's clothes. They tried to feed Will at 9 a.m. and by 9:10, everything came back up. (This is getting too detailed...but not deleting what I've already written. I'll skip the details for the rest of the story.)
Bill picked Will up and came home. Talked to doctor's office and said to do a Pedialyte only diet until he can keep stuff down. So far, Will is keeping the Pedialyte down, but hasn't really had too much. He's napping now, and I'm hoping that he'll be able to keep down the Pedialyte tonight.
WISH US LUCK! And praise God because he is so good and protects us through it all!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Will!!!! I feel sorry for the little fellow. Please excuse him from reading classes tonight...Take care...hope you have a good night! Save the Medley for me!!!!
MC
Poor baby!! I hope that he feels better soon. Will they ever get their Valentine's date when both are always sick?
Tell Will that pooing on the ladies will get him nowhere..
That gives me flashbacks to last year. AHHHH! I feel so sorry for him! Disinfect like crazy!
Post a Comment