Sunday, February 8, 2009

Whew - What a weekend

Will started his weekend with his first trip to the great state of Tennessee. He and I were the guests of Camille and JD Loyd of South Pittsburg. It was also Will's first spend the night party with his girlfriend. Fortunately, AC's mom and I were supervising the entire time. All four of us cozied up in the same bedroom and had a fun slumber party!




The reason for our trip to South Pittsburg was for AC's "Sip 'n See". AC was a beautiful guest of honor. She received so many cute gifts!

Will and AC with AC's Great-Grandmother, Gran.
Gran was so sweet to hold Will for most of the morning.

AC: Will, why are you sleeping? I am the one who should be exhausted from all of this!

On the road again, we just can't wait to get on the road again!

My suspicions about Will not being the best traveller were confirmed this weekend. His travel time max is about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. You know, I would get tired of sitting in my car seat that long too. However, AC is an angel in the car. She sleeps the entire time! To appease Will and his lack of excitement about being in his car seat, we stopped and shopped on the way home from South Pittsburg. Of course, I convinced Brooke to make some much "unneeded" purchases!

This event got me thinking about our upcoming trip to Orlando. Oh man, it is going to be interesting. It is going to be quite a long trek if we have to stop every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. We are planning to only travel 1/2 way at a time, but we'll definitely have to stop more often than that. The joys of parenthood!
Will and I must have still been tired from our big trip because we took a 3 hour nap this afternoon! I hope that we're rested up for this fun and full of love week ahead of us!

This week, we're looking forward to Daddy's birthday and Will's first Valentine's Day!

No comments: