Tuesday, January 26, 2010

100 Days of School!

It was another early morning in the Harvey house, but I was geared up and ready to go because today was a big day! We were celebrating 100 days of school! Well, it really should have been yesterday, but after our NON-weather day that we had a couple of weeks ago, it moved the 100th day to today. Boo hiss on our weather day that was a total bust!

I was excited that Kelly spent the day in my classroom (as Brooke's sub) because Brooke stayed home with a sick AC. We had lots of fun with 100th day activities! Kelly is a great help and I love it when she comes to our classroom. The boys and girls love her too because she's such a softie, which is a nice break from "mean ol' Mrs. Harvey"!

Will and I rushed home this afternoon so that I could prepare dinner for a couple in my SS class who just had a baby. I worked on the meal last night and this afternoon, which is reminding me of why I do NOT like to cook dinner on a regular basis. It takes up too much time!! I am so serious. I would rather spend the time with my two favorite guys than slave away in the kitchen. At least I'm able to justify why I don't spend much time in the kitchen.

Now, dinner for the couple is in the oven. I'm blogging and Bill & Will are playing outside. Will & I usually go out to play every afternoon, but I needed to rush in to work on dinner (see, another reason why I don't like to cook. It interferes with my fun time!). While I'm gone to the couple's home, Bill is putting our dinner in the oven so that we can eat as a family when I return. I'm already looking forward to hearing Will sing "Johnny Appleseed" and declare 'Amen!' at the end of it.

I haven't uploaded any pics from the past few days, so enjoy these few from our trip to McWane Center two Sundays ago. Such a great time!





No comments: