Saturday, January 23, 2010

Enough Harassment!

Why oh why am I such a terrible blogger? I seriously do not have an answer. I wish that I was great at posting almost everyday. But you know, life just takes over and I have not made blogging a priority.

With that being said, maybe this is my turn around...maybe I'll start to blog more frequently. Who knows. I can't commit.

On with the updates...
-Will is now 19 months old! It is so hard to believe how quickly time goes by. I cherish each day with him and thank our awesome Father for giving him to Bill and me.

-What Will is up to now:
  • He weighs about 25 1/2 pounds and is 32 1/2 inches. I'm excited about that because he's met his first height requirement for our upcoming trip to Disney World! Now, he can ride the Speedway cars at Magic Kingdom!
  • He eats 3 meals a day along with a morning and afternoon snack. I definitely think breakfast is his favorite meal of the day (like mine!), unless he's eating anything dipped in ketchup (or any other sauce).
  • He's taking 1 nap a day, which is usually from 12-3 p.m. Then, he's typically in bed by 7:30 p.m. Sleeping through the night has become hit-or-miss. Just depends on the week. This week, it's been a miss. I'm attributing the waking up to teething, but really not sure.
  • Will knows most of his body parts and can point to them when you ask. I've started talking with him about his heart and how Jesus is in our heart. I love it when he puts his hand over his heart! He's also able to name a few of the body parts that he knows.
  • He bows his head to say the blessing (well, he really just puts his hands against his mouth, but he has good intentions). Then he attempts to sing the blessing that they sing at daycare (Johnny Appleseed). The part he definitely has down is the "AMEN!" I love it!
  • There are lots of things that Will can say, but it sometimes takes prompting and some words sound totally different than they should. The things I can think of off of the top of my head are: please, thank you, up, down, choo-choo, dada, mama, Pop Pop, car, bus, tree, banana, apple, juice, cup, Elmo, Handy Manny, Mickey, book, dog, fish, go, stop, flag, ...ok, the list goes on.
  • He knows the sound for every animal we can think to teach him. So, if I haven't thought of the animal or a sound for an animal, then he probably doesn't know it.
  • It's hilarious, but he'll tell us to "GO!" when the light turns green at a traffic light.
  • Will LOVES LOVES LOVES books. He's always loved books, but I think his love is growing more each day. It melts my heart to watch him sit and pretend to read books that he knows well. You can hear him saying some of the words that he can remember from the book.
  • He's always on the move! He runs everywhere and loves for someone to chase him.
  • Will is a sensitive guy. If he falls, if someone takes something from him, or even if AC is getting in trouble, the little guy will cry. He has a sensitive heart. I pray that God has something big in store for this little guy with such a sensitive heart.
  • We've been working on learning the ABC song and counting to 10. We also practice lots of Christian children's songs.
  • Will's daycare situation has been such a blessing to our family. He absolutely LOVES going each day and he is learning so much. He is the youngest of four children at the daycare, so he has been able to learn so much from the older kids.
I'll leave you with a picture of Will at 19 months - Yes, his hair is gone. He's definitely a big boy now!




No comments: