This weekend started off with Will and the girls enjoying a yummy dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. The guys (Bill, Dad, and David) had gone to the "hunting shack" (appropriately named by Aunt Trisha) to spend the night. Friday night, I was secretly hoping Will would wake up during the night so that he could be my snuggle buddy, but he made it through most of the night in his crib.
Saturday morning, we had a playdate with a super sweet friend in our Sunday School class and her little boy. Will and his new friend are 4 weeks apart, so they will definitely grow up together in our church. It was great getting them together, but it took a little while for the boys to warm up to each other. They were quite funny! My friend and I both agreed that our boys need a sibling in the picture so they know that the world does not revolve around them! :)
After naptime on Saturday, Will and I headed to another playdate with a big group of Sunday School friends. Will was much more pleasant at this get together, thankfully! I had a great time socializing with my SS friends while Will was playing with all of his new friends. Having those get togethers yesterday reiterated to me how grateful I am that Bill and I have gotten involved in a SS class at church. We have felt so welcomed by everyone and love getting to know them more!
Speaking of getting to know everyone more, a group of 10 SS girls are getting together this afternoon at my home to sew together. Brooke and I are going to show everyone how to hand-applique shirts for our kids. We've deemed it a "Sip 'n Sew", but think we'll do more sewing than sipping. :) I love these opportunities to build deeper friendships!
Our sermon at church this morning was titled "Grace Anatomy". It was about Paul's letter to the Church of Corinth about the church being the body of Christ and how each member is equally as important. Not only that, but we ALL have a job to do and we should use our different talents that God has given us to serve Him. This week, I am going to focus my prayers on how I can use my talents to serve God. I have a feeling that I am going to end up out of my comfort zone in doing this, but my comfort zone is not what is important.--Serving My God is what is important! One quote that really stuck with me from this morning was "God did not call me to be a benchwarmer". Maybe it stuck because we're in the South and football isn't just a sport here; it's a way of life. But I can't be a 'sit in the stands or on the bench' kind of Christian - My life is about serving my God. Please pray for Bill and me that we use the talents God has given us to serve Him. Please pray that we teach Will how to serve God through our words and actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment