Each trip down the slide begins with him slowly making his way to the top of a slide, all the while keeping his eye on his first destination - the top of the slide. Once he reaches the platform for the slide, he plops himself down about a foot or two away from the top of the slide. With a smile on his face, he begins to scoot himself closer to the top of the slide. Next, his eyes shift to me. I know that he's waiting on me to give him the go ahead for take-off. One (spoken by me), two (spoken by Will), THREE (spoken together)! Down he goes!! I have no idea if he's going to go straight down the slide or if he's going to end up sideway or completely backwards. I don't think he knows either, which adds to the excitement of the experience. I hear a THUD. He's shot off of the slide and on to the ground. Oh my gosh-he's about to cry. Wait, no he isn't. Instead, he's laughing! WHAT?? My sensitive little guy who cries about so much is laughing at being whirled around and thrown off of the slide. Yes, yes he is. Then, he picks himself up, brushes off his hands, and begins to make his way tot he steps again.
That, my friend, is now I know my favorite little guy LOVES slides.
So, we could really use a slide park in our backyard. Anyone willing to build it for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment