Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disney Recap

We loved going to Disney last year as a family, but this year was even better! It was so much fun! We stayed busy each day and had a wonderful time. Will loved the parks and all of the exciting things he encountered!

Now, for the recap:

Each day of our trip, we would have a morning activity, then we'd come back to our room for Will to nap, and we would end our day with another activity. Several nights Will was up MUCH LATER than he was used to, but he was great!

Saturday~We had a long and uneventful drive to Orlando. Thank goodness for Dovie's DVD player because Will watched movies the entire way. I felt guilty for him watching that much TV at once, but it kept him happy and that made Bill and I very happy! We stayed at The Boardwalk Inn, which was located close to Epcot. We'd see the resort before and I always thought it would be neat to stay there. I was SO pleased with our room, room location, and view.

Sunday~Magic Kingdom for our morning and evening adventures. It was a blast! Will LOVES rides, which is great because I do too! He also met Mickey and Minnie in Toontown. We stayed at the park super late and watched the Spectromagic Parade and saw the fireworks show. Will was mesmerized!

Monday (a.k.a. worst day of the trip!)~Animal Kingdom in the morning and Downtown Disney for dinner. I think the excitement (and length) of the previous day had gotten to Will and he wasn't a very happy camper. I'll just say that Bill & I learned our lesson. The rest of the week was SO much better than this day!!

Tuesday~Epcot for our morning and evening activities. So much fun! Will loved Epcot as much as Bill and I do. His favorites were the Nemo ride and Figment ride. Over the week, we rode those two rides countless times! We also ate at the Hibachi grill and really enjoyed it. It was a fun meal! Our great day at Epcot ended with the Reflections light and fireworks show. Will was in awe!

Wednesday~St. Patrick's Day! While I spent the morning and early afternoon at the outlets, Bill & Will had lots of fun at our resort. They played on the playground, walked on the Boardwalk, and rode the boat to Epcot. After Will's nap, we headed back to Epcot! What a great evening it was - Will even got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto! (Yes, he ended up meeting at least Mickey at every park!)

I'll save info about the rest of the week for tomorrow's post. For today, enjoy a short movie of pics from our first few days at Disney.

And, so that you're able to keep up with what's going on these days...
Will had his 2nd haircut today. He. Did. Not. Like. It. Plain and Simple. It was pure torture for him. At least he looks cute! :)

No comments: