So, we've made it over half way to Orlando. Whew! Our trip yesterday was flawless. Whew again! Yes, it rained on us most of the way, but I did not have any freak-outs about the Sequoia breaking down. That is a miracle! Thank you for the reassurance via FB, Miranda.
Will was a PERFECT traveller yesterday. He entertained himself and slept the rest of the time. We made a stop in the oh-so-friendly city of Dothan. It earned that name from me because of the other diners in the local Wendys. Let's see, first there was the old lady (in her 70s. I know this because she got that far into conversation with me to tell me her age.) who thought our baby girl was the cutest one she'd ever seen and went on and on about how she should be on commercials and in ads. I just smiled and laughed with her. I wasn't sure how to respond when she finally asked what her name was. Hum...I thought, "Do I go with some fun, outlandish, girlie name? Do I just say Will?" I went with the most direct approach. I said, "Actually, it's a boy and his name is Will." That didn't stop her and the conversation. She then proceeded to think he was 4 months old and that he was able to walk. Oh wait, he wasn't a "he" to her though. He then became an "it" to her. So she proceeded to think that it was 4 months old and that it was able to walk. Nice friendly lady also offered to take it home with her and said we could pick it up on our way home.
Then next nice diner at Wendys was missing 2-3 front teeth and had 2 small children with her. Her first question was how much he weighed. Nice conversation starter, I thought. "About 19 lbs.", I told her. It was then that her eyes about bugged out and she started staring in disbelief to the man who was with her. I just grinned at her, not knowing what her next move was going to be. She decided to tell me that the little girl with them was over a year old and she only weighed about 16 lbs. I told her to get some food in her and stop starving her. That was the end of that conversation. However, I did continue to overhear her in the restaurant threatening to "whoop" the little boy with her several times. Oh Dothan!
We were HAPPY to get on the road again. Will continued to be a perfect traveller. I was SO proud of him!! He usually isn't a good traveller, so it was a blessing. I am praying that today goes well too.
We made it to our hotel in Tallahassee. It was one I got off of Hotwire yesterday morning. We got a major deal on it. It's a very nice place, but I am sad to say that the bed was NOT very comfortable. I've slept in some very hard beds (all of Europe) and some too soft beds, but this one was just not quite right. I am no Goldilocks because it wasn't just right. Fortunately, it was just a one-nighter place, so hopefully our bed in Orlando and for the rest of the week will be better.
So, in a couple of hours, we're off to our final destination. Woohoo!! Orlando or bust! Spring Break '09 baby! It's still a few hours away. We're planning to go to Downtown Disney this afternoon so that Will can sport his SO CUTE mouse ears t-shirt. Can't wait to post a picture of it!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why would you ever continue on your journey when you have experienced SO much in DOTHAN!!!!!!!!! You have made me want to plan my next VACATION there!!!!! I MUST have the name of the hotel as well as the exact address of the Wendy's so that I can put it on my list of places to visit!!!!!! I hope you have pics!!!! Have fun...be safe...
Post a Comment