Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Do you know where the closet is?

It is amazing to me how much Will seems to learn each day. He tries to carry on conversations with us and wants to always be a helper. Yesterday, in general Will fashion, he picked up one of my dress shoes and acted like he wanted to put it away for me. When I told him to put it in my closet, off he ran. As I listened to the pitter-patter of his feet, I was already so proud of him for knowing exactly where to go.

Bill & I quietly waited in our family room so that we could hear each of Will's moves in our bedroom and closet. We heard something close, but it did NOT sound like the closet door. Hum...I thought that maybe it was a fluke and I just was hearing things. Will ran out of our bedroom with a smile on his face. I gave him my other shoe and asked him to show me where the closet was and put it away. Proudly, Will took me directly to our TOILET! I was scared to open the lid, but knew I had to do it. Sure enough, when I opened the lid, I saw my dress shoe lodged in the toilet. I wish I had gotten a picture, but I was ready to get my shoe out of there!

Moral of the story ~ Make sure you've directly taught your 19 month old where the closet is! Do not assume anything!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

HAHA! That is too funny. I bet Wyatt would do the same thing- thanks for the tip!